Disabled American Veterans
Bergen County Chapter # 15
128 Francisco Avenue
Rutherford, NJ 07070
201-421-5922 C Phone
**For the application for the scholarship below please click on the File Download link.**
2019 Salvatore LoSauro Scholarship Fund
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
In Honor of DAV-NJ Chapter 15 Past Commander and Adjutant/Treasurer Salvatore LoSauro, Chapter 15 of the New Jersey Disabled American Veterans will be awarding a $1,500.00 Scholarship for post-High School Education (College, Community College, Trade School, etc.) to (2) two 2019 graduating High School seniors who are eligible descendants of DAV-NJ Chapter 15 members.
The DAV-NJ Chapter 15 Scholarship Committee has established the following criteria for eligibility:
1) Applicant must be a New Jersey resident;
2) Applicant must be a natural or adopted descendant of a member in good standing of Chapter 15 of the New Jersey Disabled American Veterans (Son, Daughter, Grandchild, Nephew, Niece);
3) Applicant must be a 2019 graduating High School Senior and entering college or trade school in 2019;
4) Applicant must submit in his/her own words an Essay on the topic: “What do you consider the most critical issue facing our country today? As a concerned citizen, how would you address the issue? And why?” The length of your essay must be a minimum of 500 words and not exceed 750 words;
5) Applications and Essays must be typewritten or legibly hand written in its entirety;
6) Applicant may submit only ONE Application and Essay (include name on essay);
7) Applicant must sign and date attached authentication. Parent or Guardian signature is required if applicant is under the age of 18 at time of application submission;
8) All applications and essays must be received by DAV-NJ Chapter 15 no later than 11:59 pm on May 31, 2019. Email applications and essays to firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject: 2019 Scholarship Essay;
9) Applicant must provide proof of New Jersey residency, Chapter 15 DAV-NJ member, applicant relationship to member, and 2019 registration/attendance in the college or trade school.
The DAV-NJ Chapter 15 Scholarship Committee will select (2) two winners for this 2019 Scholarship from all eligible applications. All applications and essays are final and become the property of Chapter 15 of the New Jersey Disabled American Veterans organization. Award checks will be made payable directly to the applicant’s college or trade school choice and will be presented to the winning applicants during the organization’s June 2019 meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Bob Halligan at 201-288-4964.
Ignazio Valente (Jr) William Weber